- Java environment
- MySQL database
- Linux/Unix environment (Windows is not supported, it would require a bit for work — mainly replacing / by \)
- Download and extract the ZIP of the last release, or git clone the branch.
- Parameter MySQL/MariaDB to allow a user wazari972 to connect from localhost with a password ijaheb, to database WebAlbums. If you changed the default values(recommended), edit conf/sun-ressource.xml accordingly:
mysql -u root -p -e “GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON WebAlbums.* TO ‘wazari972’@’%’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘ijaheb’;”
- Execute start.sh or start.sh --start click to start in the tray menu if necessary, and when it goes green, click on launch. Default user is kevin with no password. You can change that in conf/config.xml.
- Now you can start playing with WebAlbums (and jump to the next post.)